5 fantastic places where you can celebrate National Pizza Day in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
The greatest day is upon us! It's National Pizza Day, so to celebrate here's a look at some of the tastiest places where you can go to grab a slice... or five.
• Brick Pizza
Located just to one side of Norwich Market, Brick Pizza prides itself on providing 'proper pizza' made the 'proper way'. They describe their pizzas as being 'heavy on herbs and smashed garlic. Topped with raw enthusiasm'. The team prepare their pizzas freshly each day and offer a carefully curated menu, featuring pizzas such as the Emiliano (mozzarella, gorgonzola, porcini, rosemary and Norfolk ham) and the Vegan (tomato, vegan cheese, olives, onions, peppers and mushrooms).
• Donnelli's Pizzeria
Tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre on Timber Hill, this small establishment is the ideal place for a catch up with friends or a romantic dinner for two. The restaurant, complete with open kitchen and large wood fired pizza oven, gives the impression that there are no barriers between the guests and the chefs. Donnelli's menu offers a range of standard pizzas, white pizzas and calzones. They also have a great selection of vegetarian and vegan options available, which means there's something here for everyone.
You may also want to watch:
• Saporita Norwich
Saporita is a small family business on St Andrews Hill, which offers pizza by the slice as well as focaccia and paninis. All the food is made fresh in store using traditional Italian ingredients and can be enjoyed in the cafe or as a take away to have at home. If one slice isn't enough, drop by on a Saturday when the cafe has all you can eat evening for £14.
- 1 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 2 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 3 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 4 Pedestrian dies following collision with a bus on A146
- 5 Mum pays tribute to 'everyone's sunshine' Kaiden, eight
- 6 'How can they do this to mum' - Anger as 87-year-old dumped at care home
- 7 Norfolk teacher, preacher and scout leader indecently assaulted four boys
- 8 Road in west Norfolk still closed seven hours after 'very serious' crash
- 9 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Fourteen green spaces in Norfolk named among best in UK
• Amaretto Deli
This delicatessen on St Georges Street in Norwich offers a range of cooked take away food and deli treats but the star of the show has to be their homemade pizzas. The giant slices of cheesy goodness are bound to capture your gaze as you pass their store window, which is always stocked full of baked goods. Pizza toppings include salami, ham and mushroom as well as a range of vegetarian options.
• Sicily Market
Serving up traditional Italian pizza and calzones, Sicily Market stall on Norwich Market is owned by Rocco Consiglio who hails from - you guessed it - Sicily. The Italian chef knows exactly what he's doing when it comes to all things pizza, having studied the stuff in Naples. The stall opened in April and has been a big hit with customers in the city ever since.
• Where's your favourite place to go for pizza? Let us know in the comments below.
To keep up to date with all the latest food news and reviews, join the local foodie community at facebook.com/groups/eatnorfolk/