£100 seats for George Michael's Carrow Road gig
George Michael fans will be asked to fork out £100 each for top-priced tickets to see their pop idol Norwich City's Carrow Road stadium in June.Other tickets to see the singing star, who comes to Norfolk on June 12 as part of a five-date UK stadium tour, are £75 and £50 and go on sale on Thursday at 10am.
George Michael fans will be asked to fork out £100 each for top-priced tickets to see their pop idol Norwich City's Carrow Road stadium in June.
Other tickets to see the singing star, who comes to Norfolk on June 12 as part of a five-date UK stadium tour, are £75 and £50 and go on sale on Thursday at 10am.
For the Canaries, the concert follows a similar format to the Elton John show two years ago, which saw the club hire out the stadium and retained catering and hospitality rights but were not involved in promoting the event.
Sales and marketing director Andrew Cullen said: “We had 23,000 people at the Elton John concert with fans also seated on the pitch but for George Michael, the audience will be standing on the pitch. It is not clear at this stage whether that will mean more people we can get in or not, it will depend on discussions with the health and safety authorities.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cullen revealed that Norwich City did not follow the Elton John concert with a similar show last year as they were unable to secure an artist of sufficient stature.
“George Michael is the kind of artist we are looking for and if we can get someone of similar standing, we'll also look to hold a concert next year,” he said.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
Mr Cullen added that the concert would give the club a welcome financial boost: “It is not going to be hundreds of thousands of pounds but it is an example of how we are finding other ways to use the stadium. With conferences, meetings and other non-match day events, we saw 125,000 people come through the gates last year.”
The pitch will be covered for about five days around the time of the concert before the normal summer maintenance programme begins.
The Carrow Road date will be George Michael's second show on the forthcoming UK tour and follows what will be the first pop concert at the new 90,000-capacity Wembley Stadium, where he will perform on Saturday, June 9.
For tickets call 0870 380 0148, 0870 534 4444 or 0871 424 1434 or visit www.seetickets.com or www.ticketmaster.co.uk