10 things you didn’t know about the Aylsham Show
- Credit: Archant
• Attracting up to 17,000 visitors, it is the biggest one-day agricultural show in East Anglia.
• This year's show President is John Wootten, whose grandfather farmed at Horsham St Faith. He has been involved in the organisation of Blickling Proms.
• Main ring attractions this year include appearances from The Red Devils parachute display team, made up entirely of serving soldiers.
• There will also be displays from Elaine Hill Sheepdogs, Heavy Horses, Starting Handle Club North Norfolk Harriers and Jason Smyth Quad Bike Stunt Show.
• There are a number of special events just for children at the family fun day including a fancy dress competition, tug of war and Black Sheep Children's sack race.
You may also want to watch:
• The food and farming area will have competitions, displays, information and cookery demonstrations. There will also be a food hall and Showstoppers Beer Inn.
• Currently scheduled for 3pm, the Grand Parade is a wonderful opportunity to see many of the animals judged during the morning on parade in the main ring.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
• Sideshows and exhibitions include classic cars, Fakenham Bowmen, a jazz marching band, Norfolk Dog Training Society and Norfolk Poultry Club.
• After a successful summer event, las year's Aylsham Show gave away around £30,000 to local good causes and charities.
• Tickets can be purchased for £15 each on show day at the main entrance. Accompanied children aged 16 and under are admitted free and car parking is free.