10 crazy golf courses worth a look in Norfolk
- Credit: R&E Gottfried
Prolific mini-golfer Richard Gottfried recently spoke to this paper of his quest with his wife to play every mini-golf course in the country. So far he has managed 747. While we may not have quite that many, here are 10 you can try for yourself.
1. BlackBeard's Adventure Golf, Hunstanton
Another course that takes its inspiration from the scourge of the seven seas. Located on the Southern Promenade.
2. Dinosaur Adventure Park, Lenwade
A course with a pre-historic twist. Set inside the Jurassic attraction, this 8-hole course is full of volcanic craters.
3. Wroxham Barns, Wroxham
An 18-hole course to make you feel like a pro - in the past it has hosted top mini-golf competitions, including the British Championships.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 RAF flypast to pass through Norfolk's skies
- 3 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 4 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 5 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 6 Norfolk's 100 Jubilee street parties revealed
- 7 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 8 'He could've gone all the way' - Mum's tribute to aspiring boxer, 19
- 9 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 10 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in Norwich
4. Eaton Park, Norwich
A simple, but surprisingly tricky course. While it lacks windmills and waterfalls, its humps, bumps and angles make it challenging, but fun.
5. Pirates Island Adventure Golf, Blofield
Another course with a pirate theme. Navigate through treacherous waters, exploding cannons and hungry crocodiles.
6. Congo Rapids, Easton
Located near Norfolk Showground, this course sees you joined on your round by an elephant, snakes, tigers and a real plane.
7. Adventure Island Golf, Mundesley
A 12-hole themed course, complete with lakes, waterfalls and more. If you want an extra change, floodlit evening rounds are available.
8. Pirate's Cove, Great Yarmouth
Avast! A seaside course with a piratical theme. This swashbuckling 18-hole adventure course tells putters a nautical story as they go.
9. Lost World Adventure Golf, Hemsby
An Aztec-themed course that is a personal favourite of Mr Gottfried. He described it as being like an Indiana Jones film set.
10. Hollywood Adventure Golf, Great Yarmouth
One of the few indoor mini-golf courses in the country. Mr Gottfried said he was impressed with its use of optical illusions.