Thetford Forest set to go electric
Thetford Forest is set to shine next month when a visual extravaganza comes to town.
Electric Forest is made up of a series of illuminated trails which will light up the trees enabling visitors to experience the sights and sounds of the winter forest at night.
The route will encourage visitors to explore the forest and discover interactive art installations woodland illuminations sprinkled throughout the route.
Zoe Bottrell, producer and project manager at Culture Creative said: 'The Electric Forest will spark to life for the first time this December, lighting up Thetford with a different brand of seasonal cheer.
They'll be something for everyone with illuminated play areas, interactive lighting and sound installations, storytellers and wonderful winter vistas to scamper round, stroll through or stop and enjoy.'
You may also want to watch:
The event had been set to arrive in the Forest in December last year but poor weather up north forced organisers to cancel and rearrange for February this year.
However poor ticket sales meant it was cancelled for a second time.
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk
Tickets to the Electric Forest, which will run between December 2 and 18 from 5pm to 9pm, are priced at �15.50 per adult and �10 for concessions and �41.00 family ticket (all fully inclusive of parking, booking fees will apply.)
Tickets for Thetford are available online at www.theelectricforest.co.uk or via the Forestry Commission box office on 03000 680 400.