The Vicar of Dibley starts next week at The Seagull Theatre in Pakefield
- Credit: Archant
A stage adaptation of hit television show The Vicar of Dibley will be at The Seagull Theatre in Pakefield from Thursday.
Following on from the success of their Fawlty Towers tour, the Seagull Rep company will be performing three episodes from the much-loved series about a quaint village struggling to come to terms with their new female vicar. They include 'Arrival', 'Songs Of Praise' and 'The Easter Bunny'.
Agnes Lillis stars in the Dawn French role of Geraldine, following on from her work as Sybil in the stage performance of Fawlty Towers.
To help get in to character, the cast have visited the church where the programme was filmed.
Director and manager of the Seagull John Hales said: 'Agnes and the whole cast are just brilliant.
'For anyone who liked the series, you are in for a real family friendly treat.'
The Vicar of Dibley runs from Thursday until Saturday and from August 14 to 18. Performances start at 7.30pm.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 3 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 6 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 New Burger King site approved in city centre
- 9 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 10 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
Tickets, costing £10 or £9 concessions, are available on 01502 589726 or via the Seagull Website www.theseagull.co.uk