The Vicar of Dibley starts next week at The Seagull Theatre in Pakefield
- Credit: Archant
A stage adaptation of hit television show The Vicar of Dibley will be at The Seagull Theatre in Pakefield from Thursday.
Following on from the success of their Fawlty Towers tour, the Seagull Rep company will be performing three episodes from the much-loved series about a quaint village struggling to come to terms with their new female vicar. They include 'Arrival', 'Songs Of Praise' and 'The Easter Bunny'.
Agnes Lillis stars in the Dawn French role of Geraldine, following on from her work as Sybil in the stage performance of Fawlty Towers.
To help get in to character, the cast have visited the church where the programme was filmed.
Director and manager of the Seagull John Hales said: 'Agnes and the whole cast are just brilliant.
You may also want to watch:
'For anyone who liked the series, you are in for a real family friendly treat.'
The Vicar of Dibley runs from Thursday until Saturday and from August 14 to 18. Performances start at 7.30pm.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 7 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
Tickets, costing £10 or £9 concessions, are available on 01502 589726 or via the Seagull Website www.theseagull.co.uk