Step back in time with Viking re-enactment group in Bradwell
- Credit: Glyn Dewis Photography
A re-enactment group is giving people the chance to don their swords and shields and take a trip back in time.
Bradwell-based group The Dragon Shields is holding a recruitment drive on Sunday, April 30, as it looks to build an army of Viking enthusiasts.
From 11am at the Mill Lane Centre, the group will give members of the public the opportunity to try out re-enactment and see what it's all about.
There will be chances to take part in battle enactments, as well as authentic Viking crafts such as weaving, spinning carving and leatherwork.
Dragon Shields member Jenny Heath said: 'There is a real buzz when doing re-enactment. It's hard to sum up in a few words what being a part of The Dragon Shields means. They are my second family.'
You may also want to watch:
The event runs until 1pm and will also have members talk about the living history side of re-enactment, as well as having a go at combat.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk