Start of school term memories as another year commences in the classroom
Children across the region are returning to school this week after the summer holidays or face their first ever day in a classroom as they make new friends.
And as these photos from previous decades show children in Great Yarmouth and Gorleston made the most of their school days by taking part in all manner of lessons and activities, from boys peeling spuds to children getting up close to a hovercraft.
Sport was also a major factor in school life, with pupils competitively battling out it in hockey and football matches.
Youngsters also tried out hoops in PE lessons in the school hall and many will still have fond memories of gymnastics and vaulting the pommel horse.
And the slightly older section of the town's population also took to the classroom at college but in a more serious fashion as they prepared for employment, such as engineering and secretarial work
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk