Youngsters given a chance to shine in League Cup for King’s Lynn Town
- Credit: IAN BURT
A talented reserve-team trio will be given the chance to impress Gary Setchell tonight when they start for King's Lynn Town in the Doodson Sports Cup.
Goalkeeper Bradley Stewart, defender Chris Ward and midfielder Shaun Stocker will feature for the Linnets in their League Cup first round clash at Worksop Town. Setchell will blood the threesome alongside a host of first-team players and feels they deserve the opportunity to appear for the club's senior side.
Setchell, who will be without suspended defender Jason Lee this evening, said: 'Brad has played excellently for the reserves and has got a good pedigree. Chris Ward went to play for Dereham at Step Four and Matt Henman was really impressed. And Shaun Stocker has been a little bit on the fringes for the best part of a year and has played for the county and the English Schools.
'They've all earned their right to get a chance in a really low-pressure game and hopefully they'll do well alongside senior players like Jordan Yong, Dan Quigley and Gary Mills.'
The Lynn boss insists he will be fielding a stronger line-up than he did during last year's League Cup exit at the same stage to Stamford because he is unsure how Worksop will treat the competition.
You may also want to watch:
'We knew Stamford would make changes so we played seven or eight reserve teamers,' said Setchell. 'But we won't be doing that tonight. It just wouldn't be fair on the young lads.'
- 1 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 2 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 5 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 6 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 7 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 8 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 9 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 10 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk