Youngsters back in the swing at Dereham Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Golf Club's junior members started the new season in fine weather by playing for the Valentine Trophies.
The 18 holes Stableford competition produced some excellent scores, with junior captain Matthew Goodman taking top prize with 40 points followed by Immy Leeder with 38 points.
Each received prize money and gifts donated and presented by ladies president Jill Trudgill.
In the nine holes competition Charlie Eke started the season well with his first-ever win with 19 points while second place went to Charley Brett on 17 points.
The five holes competition was won by Kaitlyn Auld, also with a first win since joining last year. Junior organiser Jane Bizley welcomed Vinnie Rix and Hayden Lambert who played their first competition, having recently joined.
You may also want to watch:
The junior season continues with the Scratch Cup and Wiseman Trophy on Sunday, March 12.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 6 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 9 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 10 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home