Youngsters back in the swing at Dereham Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Golf Club's junior members started the new season in fine weather by playing for the Valentine Trophies.
The 18 holes Stableford competition produced some excellent scores, with junior captain Matthew Goodman taking top prize with 40 points followed by Immy Leeder with 38 points.
Each received prize money and gifts donated and presented by ladies president Jill Trudgill.
In the nine holes competition Charlie Eke started the season well with his first-ever win with 19 points while second place went to Charley Brett on 17 points.
The five holes competition was won by Kaitlyn Auld, also with a first win since joining last year. Junior organiser Jane Bizley welcomed Vinnie Rix and Hayden Lambert who played their first competition, having recently joined.
You may also want to watch:
The junior season continues with the Scratch Cup and Wiseman Trophy on Sunday, March 12.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 10 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working