Youngster Wyatt takes centre stage
WYMONDHAM 22, CAMPION 10: Just over two months since their previous win in Division 3NE, Wymondham recorded only their second victory of the season. They made heavy going of it but in the end the margin was comfortable.
Wymondham got on the scoresheet in the 10th minute when Alex Brugger, relishing in his new role as fullback, sprinted through to touch down and James Wyatt had a simple conversion chance.
The score was a wake-up call for Campion and when a clearance attempt by Wymondham failed to find touch the visitors capitalised, scoring a try that went unconverted.
After the break Wyatt stretched the lead with a penalty but then Campion brought scores level with their second try.
It needed some luck and a spot of brilliance from someone to light up the game and teenager Wyatt was the lad to do it. Straight from Norfolk's Ben Youngs training manual, a cheeky chip over the top fooled the Campion full-back together with the chasing Pena Sokia but the wicked bounce proved a gem for Wyatt who went over for a lucky try.
You may also want to watch:
Then Wyatt dazzled Campion, scoring a terrific solo try from the half way. A quick tapped penalty caught Campion napping and the fleet footed scrumhalf stepped through the defence and rounded the full-back, his conversion moving his day's tally up to 14.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143