Youngster Wyatt takes centre stage
WYMONDHAM 22, CAMPION 10: Just over two months since their previous win in Division 3NE, Wymondham recorded only their second victory of the season. They made heavy going of it but in the end the margin was comfortable.
Wymondham got on the scoresheet in the 10th minute when Alex Brugger, relishing in his new role as fullback, sprinted through to touch down and James Wyatt had a simple conversion chance.
The score was a wake-up call for Campion and when a clearance attempt by Wymondham failed to find touch the visitors capitalised, scoring a try that went unconverted.
After the break Wyatt stretched the lead with a penalty but then Campion brought scores level with their second try.
It needed some luck and a spot of brilliance from someone to light up the game and teenager Wyatt was the lad to do it. Straight from Norfolk's Ben Youngs training manual, a cheeky chip over the top fooled the Campion full-back together with the chasing Pena Sokia but the wicked bounce proved a gem for Wyatt who went over for a lucky try.
You may also want to watch:
Then Wyatt dazzled Campion, scoring a terrific solo try from the half way. A quick tapped penalty caught Campion napping and the fleet footed scrumhalf stepped through the defence and rounded the full-back, his conversion moving his day's tally up to 14.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Man seriously injured after crash
- 4 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 5 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 6 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 7 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 8 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 9 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 10 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region