Yachtsmen hit six of the best to extend lead

Wroxham extended their lead at the top of the Ridgeons Premier Division to four points after hammering CRC 6-0 at Trafford Park.

The Yachtsmen took the lead on 20 minutes when Gavin Lemmon's cross to the far post saw Paul Cook get in front of the defender to glance home.

David Batch's men had to wait until the second half to extend their lead when Cook pounced on a poor backpass to double the home side's money.

Ben Thompson grabbed a third in the 55th minute before Lemmon made it 4-0. Damian Hilton then marked his return from a broken toe with a smart lob and the goalscoring was completed in injury time when fine work by Remy Gordon set up Jordan Rocastle to fire home.

Two second half goals from Louis Cutajar gave Norwich United a morale-boosting 2-1 victory away to second-placed Brantham Athletic.

You may also want to watch:

The Planters broke the deadlock in the 57th minute. Cutajar cut in from the left and found Mustapha and when the striker put the ball into the six yard box Cutajar had continued his run and touched home from close distance.

This seemed to fire up the home side and they put more pressure on the visiting defence who stood firm, allowing only shots from distance. An Adam Bloss chip did find Simon Mann at the far post but he shot wide. In the 71st minute Brantham were on level terms, Mayhew taking advantage of a defensive slip to fire past Nower.

Most Read

Within a minute the Planters were back in front. Cutajar from the left side of the area saw his initial effort rebound back to him and this time he made no mistake as from an acute angle.

Four goals in 20 second half minutes saw Great Yarmouth Town slump to another heavy defeat at FC Clacton.

Yarmouth were the better side in the first period and came close to taking the lead through Mills' long range effort. George also came close to breaking the deadlock but fired straight at the Clacton goalkeeper when well placed.

Just before the break Clacton took the lead – after skipping past Harwin, Condon rolled the ball across to Andrade to tap in from six yards out. The hosts doubled their lead in the second half through Newland and it opened the floodgates as further goals from Condon, Hillier and Andrade confirmed Clacton's victory.

Kirkley & Pakefield came from behind to claim a point at home to Woodbridge.

The visitors went ahead in the 15th minute when Ross Gilfedder's effort was cleared off the line but the rebound was thumped into the net by Aaron Churchyard. But the Royals rallied in the second half and found an equaliser through young Kyle Baker. Kirkley were reduced to 10 men in the 74th minute when Ross Catchpole received his marching orders for a bad tackle on Churchyard but the 10 men held out for a share of the spoils.

Gorleston eased to a 2-0 win at Walsham-le-Willows thanks to goals from Lowestoft Town loanee Jamie Godbold and Liam Harvey-Cooper. Harvey-Cooper's strike was his third in two games.

In Division One Fakenham went down to a 2-1 defeat at Halstead, who took an early lead through Jordan Hutchings. The Ghosts equalised midway through the half when Ash Manning dribbled past two defenders before crossing for Jake Betts for an easy tap-in.

However, Ryan Crush's header gave Halstead all three points after good build-up play from Hutchings and Reis Farley-Hearn.

It was not a good day for Downham, who were thrashed 6-1 at Brighlingsea Regent.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter