Wymondham High pupil Rebecca Warrington helps East to volleyball title
Barford's Rebecca Warrington has been crowned an inter-regional volleyball champion.
The Norwich 16-year-old, who has attended the UEA Sportspark's junior volleyball club, won the 2011 championship with the East Girls Under-16 team at the National Volleyball Centre in Kettering.
Rebecca, who attends Wymondham High School, was the only representative from Norfolk to take part, having been in the Under-16 squad for two years, and helped the team to fourth in last year's tournament. Her other team-mates are all from Essex.
'The standard was high this year, some games were quite hard but we were more prepared as we'd had longer to train as a group,' said Warrington.
The squad is coached by Norfolk volleyball development coach Tomasz Morawski, who coaches weekly sessions for nine to 18-year-olds at Sportspark.
You may also want to watch:
Morawski said: 'I am very proud of the girls. They were very committed throughout, have shown great spirit and attitudes and they thoroughly deserved to win.'
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named