Wymondham High pupil Rebecca Warrington helps East to volleyball title
Barford's Rebecca Warrington has been crowned an inter-regional volleyball champion.
The Norwich 16-year-old, who has attended the UEA Sportspark's junior volleyball club, won the 2011 championship with the East Girls Under-16 team at the National Volleyball Centre in Kettering.
Rebecca, who attends Wymondham High School, was the only representative from Norfolk to take part, having been in the Under-16 squad for two years, and helped the team to fourth in last year's tournament. Her other team-mates are all from Essex.
'The standard was high this year, some games were quite hard but we were more prepared as we'd had longer to train as a group,' said Warrington.
The squad is coached by Norfolk volleyball development coach Tomasz Morawski, who coaches weekly sessions for nine to 18-year-olds at Sportspark.
You may also want to watch:
Morawski said: 'I am very proud of the girls. They were very committed throughout, have shown great spirit and attitudes and they thoroughly deserved to win.'
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?