Wymondham 35, Bancroft 12
Wymondham's impressive run of form continued at the weekend as they ran four tries past Bancroft to make it four wins in five Division 3NE fixtures.
The Red and Blacks were always in control against their lowly opponents and the only disappointment was that they failed to push on in the second half and notch up a much bigger victory.
Wymondham never looked back after going ahead on 10 minutes when a catch and drive move that had been worked on in training ended with Tom Browes touching down.
Alex Brugger then weighed in with two tries, one of which came after a thrilling move instigated by South African No 8 Wayne Moerdyke, while Steve Simms also touched down.
James Wyatt also had a good afternoon, chipping in with three conversions and three penalties.
• Lakenham Hewett secured their second victory of the season in Eastern Counties Two after beating bottom side Mildenhall 41-7.
Lakenham turned in a strong performance, putting into practice some of the coaching sessions led by coach Ed Miles.
- 1 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 2 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
- 3 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 4 House boarded up after fight in Norfolk village
- 5 YouTube professional eater smashes 100oz steak challenge at Norfolk pub
- 6 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 7 'Carnage' as fight involving axes breaks out after van crashes into house
- 8 Heatwave leaves dried-up pond like 'scene from sci-fi movie'
- 9 Norfolk spot named among UK's best waterside pubs
- 10 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
Olly Harris set the ball rolling with an early try and soon added his second, with Lewis Prescott converting. Further tries followed from Daniel Baker, Mark Butcher James Parker, Sean O'Donavan and Mark Walton, with Prescott adding two more conversions.