Wymondham 35, Bancroft 12
Wymondham's impressive run of form continued at the weekend as they ran four tries past Bancroft to make it four wins in five Division 3NE fixtures.
The Red and Blacks were always in control against their lowly opponents and the only disappointment was that they failed to push on in the second half and notch up a much bigger victory.
Wymondham never looked back after going ahead on 10 minutes when a catch and drive move that had been worked on in training ended with Tom Browes touching down.
Alex Brugger then weighed in with two tries, one of which came after a thrilling move instigated by South African No 8 Wayne Moerdyke, while Steve Simms also touched down.
James Wyatt also had a good afternoon, chipping in with three conversions and three penalties.
You may also want to watch:
• Lakenham Hewett secured their second victory of the season in Eastern Counties Two after beating bottom side Mildenhall 41-7.
Lakenham turned in a strong performance, putting into practice some of the coaching sessions led by coach Ed Miles.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 3 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 4 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 5 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 6 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
Olly Harris set the ball rolling with an early try and soon added his second, with Lewis Prescott converting. Further tries followed from Daniel Baker, Mark Butcher James Parker, Sean O'Donavan and Mark Walton, with Prescott adding two more conversions.