Grant Holt at the double in Wroxham’s FA Vase ‘replay’
- Credit: Archant
Justice was done as Wroxham swept aside White Ensign 5-2 in the FA Vase.
The Yachstmen had been denied on Saturday when, leading 3-0, the second round tie, at Great Wakering Rovers' Burroughs Park, was abandoned because of a floodlight failure.
But they got off to a perfect start in the 'replay' when Charlie Clarke put them ahead after just two minutes.
The visitors levelled on 26 minutes through Jake McWee, but were soon behind again, Shaun Taylor scoring on 33 minutes.
Former Norwich City striker Grant Holt then produced some Premier League quality when he fired home from the edge of the area just three minutes after the break to put Wroxham 3-1 ahead. Holt scored again on 55 minutes and Taylor got his second before the visitors grabbed a second through Brett Munyard to make it 5-2.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low