Wroxham pull off coup as ex-Norwich stars present live stream
- Credit: Archant
Wroxham have pulled off a major coup ahead of their Norfolk Senior Cup tie against Norwich Utd next week.
The game - on April 16 - is to be live-streamed - with former Sky Sports anchor Simon Thomas hosting and Canaries legends Adrian Forbes and Darren Huckerby joining him in the pundit roles.
BBC Radio Norfolk’s Nick Bowler will provide commentary with Steve Rushbrook alongside him.
Wroxham chairman Lee Robson said: “Firstly, we’re so pleased that competitive football is returning to Norfolk, and a big well done to the County FA for getting their cups back up and running.
"We have a strong representation this year with the Firsts, u12s, u14s and u16s all going well and we are really looking forward to all their games.
“Once we knew the Senior Cup has, unfortunately, to be played behind closed doors we decided to look into getting the tie livestreamed, and, with the backing of our sponsor for the night BizClik Media, we’ve managed to get a real head of steam up and Simon, Forbsey and Hucks have kindly offered to come along to be the faces of the evening.
"It’ll be a proper outside broadcast, with multiple cameras, replays, full graphics and everything you’d expect, as well as a wonderful commentary team, and we are really excited about the whole thing.”
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 8 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 9 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 10 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
With Wroxham recording 10 wins out of 10 in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division to sit top of the league - and Norwich Utd in second place just a point behind having played one more - the Battle of the Broads promises to be a huge clash, especially with the added spice of former Norwich City legends Grant Holt and Simon Lappin in the home squad.
The broadcast will start at 7.30pm with the game kicking off at 7.45pm and will cost £5 to watch. Details of the stream and how to sign up are available via the Wroxham FC social media and website.