Wroxham’s plea for help as deadline looms
Wroxham Football Club face a race against time if they are to be promoted to the Ryman League.
The Yachtsmen currently occupy second place in the Ridgeons League Premier Division, two points behind leaders Ely City but with a game in hand.
However, off the pitch the club are up against it to complete all the necessary ground improvements to Trafford Park by Saturday's deadline if they are to meet the FA Ground Grading inspection for Step Four football next season.
A loyal band of volunteers including the club's committee have worked tirelessly to help realise the club's dream of playing at the highest level of football in the club's 120-year history.
Improvements made already to Trafford Park include: a new terraced stand holding 150 spectators at the Norwich End, existing grandstand extended to accommodate extra seating, outside male and female toilets including first aid room and turnstiles put in at each end of the ground.
You may also want to watch:
But between now and the FA deadline of March 31, the Yachtsmen still need to fit new seats in the grandstand, move and level 200 tonnes of topsoil, fit new signage throughout the ground and paint the portacabin. Otherwise the club can not be promoted.
Club secretary Chris Green would like to hear from any local companies if they would be interested in sponsoring the club at this exciting time.
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 3 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 4 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 5 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 6 Peter Crouch drove to Yarmouth while on Norwich loan - and wasn't impressed
- 7 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 8 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 9 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 10 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
He said: 'We are waiting for sponsors to come forward to help with the cost of the development and further costs of running at a higher level. We are also looking for additional volunteers.
'I suppose we have a hardcore of ten or a dozen volunteers but we could always do with some more.
'We are caught in a little bit of a dilemma in a way. We don't have the facilities required or resources to take all this additional work on without a little bit of extra support.'
Anyone wishing to help Wroxham FC should contact Chris Green on 01603 783936 or the club's commercial manager Nigel Youd on 07718275020.