Wroxham ready to take on King’s Lynn
King's Lynn and Wroxham are all set to go head to head for a place in the Norfolk Senior Cup semi-final tonight (Trafford Park, 7.45).
The winners of the tie have the juicy prospect of a Carrow Road showpiece final, potentially against a Norwich City side, if they can clear the semi-final hurdle.
Wroxham boss David Batch said his Ridgeons side were going into tonight's game on a run of excellent form: 'Probably our last two games we have played some of the best football this season. We are confident, we have signed a couple of good players. Competition is hot, everyone wants to play, and wants to win. It's an exciting time.
'You never know what's going to happen in football. Cup games are won on little things. We have got to make sure we take care of the little things.'
The manager of UCL side King's Lynn, Kevin Boon, said they would be putting out a changed side because of the FA Vase game at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
'It is not meant as any disrespect to Wroxham or the Norfolk Senior Cup. We'd like to take our strongest team, despite Dave (Batch) reckoning they are only a village side, but we even treat village sides with respect at our club.
'To be fair, that is now their biggest game of the year. But ours is on Saturday. We have to be spot on for the FA Vase game – managing all our niggles and injuries – but we'll still go to win the game.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 9 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
'Wroxham know exactly where we are coming from because they had the same situation last year. Sometimes you have to leave players out to protect them.'
Tonight's winners will play Ridgeons Division One side Thetford, who knocked Diss out in the previous round.