Wroxham picked up hard earned point in first game back in Thurlow Nunn League
- Credit: Archant
Wroxham picked up a hard earned point from their first match back in the Thurlow Nunn League on Tuesday night.
A new look team played attractive football against visitors Histon as the game finished goalless.
In the first half Wroxham were the better team as they put together some good moves, with Adam Smith, Robbie Sweeney and Ben Fowkes impressing.
The Yachstmen had more defending to do in the second half but they stood firm, with keeper Will Viner a reassuring presence, while Fowkes was just unable to get a touch on Sweeney's teasing ball.
Gorleston got their Premier Division campaign off to a winning start thanks to an injury-time goal against Thetford at Emerald Park.
You may also want to watch:
Connor Ingram profited from an error from Town keeper Kingsley Barnes to settle the issue just when an Alex Stillinger header early in the second period had looked like earning the visitors a point. Connor Deeks had opened the scoring five minutes before the break.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer