Wroxham picked up hard earned point in first game back in Thurlow Nunn League
- Credit: Archant
Wroxham picked up a hard earned point from their first match back in the Thurlow Nunn League on Tuesday night.
A new look team played attractive football against visitors Histon as the game finished goalless.
In the first half Wroxham were the better team as they put together some good moves, with Adam Smith, Robbie Sweeney and Ben Fowkes impressing.
The Yachstmen had more defending to do in the second half but they stood firm, with keeper Will Viner a reassuring presence, while Fowkes was just unable to get a touch on Sweeney's teasing ball.
Gorleston got their Premier Division campaign off to a winning start thanks to an injury-time goal against Thetford at Emerald Park.
You may also want to watch:
Connor Ingram profited from an error from Town keeper Kingsley Barnes to settle the issue just when an Alex Stillinger header early in the second period had looked like earning the visitors a point. Connor Deeks had opened the scoring five minutes before the break.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week