Wroxham name Lee Robson as their new chairman
- Credit: Archant
Wroxham have appointed Lee Robson as their new chairman.
Robson takes over the position with immediate effect after Kevin Attree stepped aside due to work commitments.
Robson, who moved to Norfolk in November 2015 to take up a senior position at Norwich City Council, will take charge of the club in its 125th season.
Robson is no stranger to the role of a football club chairman having held that role for 10 years with Welsh side Monmouth Town but left that role when he move to Norfolk two years ago.
During his time at Monmouth, Robson presided over a rise up the divisions, winning the Gwent County League Division Two, gaining promotion to the Welsh League for the first time in their history.
You may also want to watch:
Monmouth continued their rise up the Welsh pyramid, winning successive promotions in 2011 and 2012 before winning the Welsh League Division One in 2014.
Robson's record impressed the Yachtsmen committee, who are looking to rebuild a club that were relegated from Step 4 at the end of last season and Lee was invited to take on the role of chairman.
- 1 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer
- 2 Old disused ice rink closed down for decade for sale
- 3 Festival cancelled over 'pingdemic' threat to staff
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Norfolk
- 5 'Hail the size of broad beans' - Thunderstorms hit parts of Norfolk
- 6 Weather warning for thunderstorms across parts of Norfolk
- 7 Coastguard and ambulance called to river near Norwich
- 8 Elderly people furious as crumbling church wall closure blocks walkway
- 9 Great Yarmouth hits record rate of Covid infections
- 10 Roof cut off taxi to release people after A140 crash with lorry
Lee was delighted by his appointment and said: 'I'm very proud of my record in Welsh football and see no reason why we can't have similar successes with Wroxham. All the foundations are here with great back-room staff and a fantastic new football management team. I hope I can provide maybe the leadership, energy and ideas to take the club forward and back to winning ways.'
Robson joins a committee which includes Mark Wilkinson as Vice-Chairman and Kevin Lawn as Director of Football and Operations. These positions are all due to be ratified at the club's AGM at the end of the month.