Wroxham move into pole position
Wroxham moved top of the Ridgeons Premier Division after a 7-0 demolition of Yarmouth at the Wellesley.
Recent King's Lynn signing Paul Cousins, Matt Daniels, Ben Thompson and Paul Cook struck before the interval. Bloaters' skipper Adam Mills conceded an own goal from Cook's goalbound strike before Cook slotted his third and midfielder Gavin Lemmon completed the scoring from the penalty spot.
The Yachtsmen's emphatic win moved them a point clear of Norfolk rivals Dereham with three games in hand on the Magpies. The Yachtsmen were boosted pre-match by the injury return of experienced defensive duo Graham Challen and Danny Self.
Cousins pounced on 15 minutes when he guided Shaun Howes' corner past the helpless Jamie Greygoose.
Daniels struck from the penalty spot after Thompson was upended before he added his name to the scoresheet with a fine volley from just inside the area. Cook finished a fine move from the visitors but Yarmouth's resistance in the second period finally ended when Mills diverted Cook's cross into his own net 15 minutes from time. Cook completed his hat-trick before Lemmon converted from the spot when David Hinton was hauled down.
• Yarmouth (starting XI): Greygoose, Forbes, Junior, Agaujo, Giacomelli, Baldock, Formosa, Mills, Hurren, Lee, Vide.
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 4 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 5 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 6 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 7 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
- 8 Norfolk's landmark vote to curb second homes
- 9 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 10 Roadworks and closures to be aware of in Norfolk this week
• Wroxham: Howie. Self, Howes, Cousins (Carus 61), Challen, Eastaugh, Daniels (Durrant 64), Lemmon, Cook, Thompson (Hinton 52), Gordon. Subs (not used): Gilmore, Rocastle.
• Goals: Cousins (15), Daniels (19), Thompson (23), Cook (32, 75, 81), Lemmon (69).
• Referee: C Pollard (Stowmarket)
• Attendance: 82