Wroxham manager demanding higher standards
Wroxham boss Stewart Larter has sent a rallying call to his troops ahead of today's trip to 22nd-placed Barkingside.
The Yachtsmen are without a win in a month, with successive defeats to Needham Market, Soham Town Rangers and Brightlingsea Regent leaving them in a worrying dip in form.
Larter has emphasised the importance for his side to start quicker against the London outfit to help end their current lull.
'We have to get back on it, no-one is under any illusions about that,' Larter said.
'We've been letting ourselves down of late in terms of our standards and we have to do better, simple as that.
You may also want to watch:
'Barkingside are fighting for their lives and we're going to be in a right scrap down there that's for sure. We have to do the basic things better than we have done recently; defending better and doing the ugly side of the game and if I'm being honest there's a few wrongs that we need to right.'
The Wroxham boss was also accepting of the potential need to strengthen the depth of his squad, something which was started in midweek with the re-signing of 17-year-old midfielder Jack Guyton from AFC Sudbury.
- 1 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 9 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 10 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
Larter added: 'We do have a small squad but I think that brings good continuity. We are working hard to try and boost the numbers a little bit and we've obviously brought Jack Guyton in which gives up a bit more quality as well.'
Guyton comes into the squad for the trip, with fellow midfielder Danny White a doubt through injury.