Wroxham let lead slip against Thurrock
Wroxham surrendered a two goal lead against Thurrock as David Knight scored a dramatic 88th minute winner to give his side a 3-2 victory at Trafford Park.
The Yachtsmen sailed into a two goal advantage with barely 15 minutes on the clock, Stephen Drake latching on to a fine Ben Price through ball to slot past Reece Ottley in the Thurrock goal to continue his recent fine goal scoring form.
Joe Marsden then grabbed his third goal in two games to double Wroxham's advantage, his cross come shot finding the back of the net with the aid of a Thurrock deflection.
This spurred the visitors into life and they began to lay siege on the Wroxham goal, Luke Stanley striking the post before Lewis Spence and Bradley Warner both having efforts that were superbly stopped by Aaron Cranfield in goal.
The Fleet continued to press at the start of the second half and Charlie Stimson halved their arrears after 55 minutes with a smart turn and shot, before Luke Stanley's free kick restored parity four minutes later.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Groves was then dismissed for two bookable offences with 20 minutes to go, and the extra man paid dividends for the visitors as Knight tapped in from five yards with two minutes left to seal the comeback and end Wroxham's unbeaten run of four games.
Wroxham :Aaron Cranfield, Sam Groves, Matt Halliday, Ben Price, Bartek Pelka, Sam Hart (Danny Boswell), Remy Gordon, Joe Marsden (Jack Smith), Paul Cook, Ross Durrant, Stephen Drake. Subs not used: Jordan King, Fernando Vide, Pedro Sanha,
- 1 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 8 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 9 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 10 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
Thurrock: Reece Ottley Lewis Clark, Ricardo Santos, Mark Onyemah, Robert Gilman, Luke Hanson, Luke Stanley, Lewis Spence, David Knight, Charlie Stimson, Bradley
Warner (Louis Hazelwood)
Subs: Jordan Clark, Robert Clark, Lewis Perkins, Anton Blackwood
Referee: Alex Guy