Wroxham edged out of Ryman North play-off frame after defeat at Soham Town Rangers
- Credit: Steve Adams
Wroxham dropped out of the Ryman North play-off positions as Soham Town Rangers came from behind to secure a well-earned victory, writes Thomas Crabb.
Manager Stewart Larter will be disappointed to have dropped more points as his Wroxham side search for a place in the top five, with Thurrock dispatching Romford 6-2 to leapfrog them into fifth place by one point.
After kick-off was delayed for 15 minutes due to traffic, the Yachtsmen started brightly and took a deserved lead on 18 minutes through Kyle Baker. The winger collected the ball on the left edge of the box, cutting inside before firing a low effort across Jamie Greygoose and into the bottom far corner to claim his first league goal since his move from Kirkley & Pakefield.
But it was all square on 26 minutes when Callum Russell beat keeper Elliott Pride. The hosts were in buoyant mood but some good organisation and grit from the Wroxham back four kept them at bay until half-time.
Soham continued to press as the second half began and it wasn't long before they completed the turnaround and took the lead on 50 minutes. A long throw from Charlie Russell – a ploy that deceived the Wroxham defence all day – found Ryan Sharman with too much space from 12 yards out, the Soham man turning on a sixpence to fire past Pride.
You may also want to watch:
Pride then produced a superb save with his legs from subsititute Kojo Ofori-Gyasi, before another Russell throw caused havoc in the Wroxham defence. Simpson was the man who profited to seal the win.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 4 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 5 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed