Wroxham boss warns squad of relegation battle ahead of Phoenix Sports battle
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Hopes that Wroxham had finally put an end to their poor form were well and truly shattered on Tuesday night.
The Yachtsmen were beaten 3-0 at home by Heybridge Swifts who were, until Saturday, bottom of the Ryman North table.
Wroxham manager Stewart Larter will need to call on his players to show more courage as Phoenix Sports are the visitors to Trafford Park, in 10th place but a full 17 points better off than their hosts.
The Yachtsmen have now lost six and drawn three of their last nine games, with Larter slamming his players after their midweek loss, saying: 'If they didn't know they were in a relegation battle, they do now.'
The former Gorleston boss also apologised to the club support for the unacceptable performance and vowed to make changes.
You may also want to watch:
Today's game is Phoenix Sports' first ever visit to Trafford Park. The Kent-based side have won three of their last six games, including a 3-1 win against Tuesday's opponents Heybridge.
They were promoted as champions of the Southern Counties East Premier Division, winning 28 of their 38 games and losing just once. Phoenix striker Ricky Freeman has 15 goals to his name so far, having scored 20 goals in 22 games last season.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 6 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
Jackson Ramm returned to the Wroxham squad on Tuesday night after his lengthy suspension following two red cards earlier in the season.
The former King's Lynn man was a late substitute in the defeat and he will be hoping that he can regain his place in the starting XI after Tuesday's defeat.
Following this afternoon's match Wroxham travel to Cambridgeshire to face Soham Town Rangers on Boxing Day and then host Brightlingsea Regent on Saturday, January 2.