Wroxham beat Scole United to seal Norfolk Senior Cup semi-final spot
- Credit: Archant
Wroxham set up a mouth-watering semi-final clash with Norwich United as they strolled to victory over underdogs Scole United.
A slice of luck on eight minutes allowed the hosts to take the lead.
A poor touch from Edward Cussens allowed the lurking Jamie Forshaw to steal in, the striker hitting an effort from the edge of the box that struck a bobble and lifted over the downed Ben Buckmaster in goal.
James Edwards then forced Ollie Sutton into a smart stop at his near post as Scole threatened, before Christy Finch made it 2-0 on 23 minutes with a superb lofted finish.
Forshaw curled in a superb 25 yard effort on 37 minutes to hand complete control to the Yachtsmen, something they kept hold of for most of a drab second period.
You may also want to watch:
The game burst into life on 72 minutes as Remy Gordon raced onto Forshaw's through ball to fire through Buckmaster for 4-0, before a late consolation strike from David Coleman left nothing but a blemish on the scoreline as Wroxham strolled into the next round.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp