Wroxham 3, Heybridge Swifts 0
Jamie Forshaw struck his first goal for Wroxham as they extended their unbeaten run to five games with a comfortable Ryman League victory over high-flying Heybridge at Trafford Park.
Forshaw helped the Yachtsmen to a 3-1 win at Ilford on his debut at the weekend and again impressed again against a team which started the night second in the Division One South table, his partnership with Matt Blake causing the Essex visitors endless problems.
Blake put the Yachtsmen in front after 29 minutes when he got on the end of a deep ball into the box from Matt Holliday before slotting home. And Forshaw, signed last week from King's Lynn, doubled the advantage nine minutes later with a goal following good work with Blake.
Swifts also had their chances but Remi Matthews, on loan from Norwich City, made two one-on-one saves in the first half and a another great stop from Brotherton after the break.
And the contest was effectively ended in spectacular style six minutes from time when substitute Christy Finch, who had replaced Forshaw, lashed in a stunning strike from 25 yards for the third goal.
You may also want to watch:
• Wroxham: Matthews, Halliday, Gordon, Carus, McNeill, Eastaugh, Durrant (Smith 71), Lemmon, Blake, Forshaw (Finch 77), Harrop (Lewis. Subs not used: Hipperson, Marsden.
• Heybridge: Eyre, Amass (Coggin 64), Barber, Morgan, Hastings, Kersey, Brotherton (Holdstock 79), Newson, Callender (Offori 58), Cheek, Stamp. Subs not used: Malton.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 3 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 4 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 7 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 8 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash