Wroxham 3, Heybridge Swifts 0
Jamie Forshaw struck his first goal for Wroxham as they extended their unbeaten run to five games with a comfortable Ryman League victory over high-flying Heybridge at Trafford Park.
Forshaw helped the Yachtsmen to a 3-1 win at Ilford on his debut at the weekend and again impressed again against a team which started the night second in the Division One South table, his partnership with Matt Blake causing the Essex visitors endless problems.
Blake put the Yachtsmen in front after 29 minutes when he got on the end of a deep ball into the box from Matt Holliday before slotting home. And Forshaw, signed last week from King's Lynn, doubled the advantage nine minutes later with a goal following good work with Blake.
Swifts also had their chances but Remi Matthews, on loan from Norwich City, made two one-on-one saves in the first half and a another great stop from Brotherton after the break.
And the contest was effectively ended in spectacular style six minutes from time when substitute Christy Finch, who had replaced Forshaw, lashed in a stunning strike from 25 yards for the third goal.
• Wroxham: Matthews, Halliday, Gordon, Carus, McNeill, Eastaugh, Durrant (Smith 71), Lemmon, Blake, Forshaw (Finch 77), Harrop (Lewis. Subs not used: Hipperson, Marsden.
• Heybridge: Eyre, Amass (Coggin 64), Barber, Morgan, Hastings, Kersey, Brotherton (Holdstock 79), Newson, Callender (Offori 58), Cheek, Stamp. Subs not used: Malton.
- 1 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 2 'I couldn't believe it' - West Norfolk villages hit by flash flooding
- 3 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
- 4 House boarded up after fight in Norfolk village
- 5 YouTube professional eater smashes 100oz steak challenge at Norfolk pub
- 6 'Carnage' as fight involving axes breaks out after van crashes into house
- 7 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
- 8 Norfolk spot named among UK's best waterside pubs
- 9 Heatwave leaves dried-up pond like 'scene from sci-fi movie'
- 10 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated