Wroxham 3 Aveley 4: Leader breaks Wroxham hearts
Jay Leader scored twice in injury time to complete a remarkable second half comeback from Aveley and defeat Wroxham in a pulsating game at Trafford Park.
The Yachtsmen made a quick-fire start and scored two goals in the opening 20 minutes, Joe Marsden's retaken penalty after seven minutes opening the scoring, before Aaron Taylor smashed in his effort from Marsden's corner to double their advantage.
The Aveley manager sent his players out with a flea in their ear after the break and it worked as the visitors found a way back into the game.
Sam Harty gave away a silly free kick after 54 minutes and despite clearing the initial ball with a good header, the ball found its way back in instantly to Kyle Asante, who fired a low shot past Cranfield to half Aveley's arrears.
Remy Gordon then restored Wroxham's two-goal lead with a superb effort, the winger racing onto Fernando Vide's through ball to outpace his man before curling his shot into the top left hand corner.
You may also want to watch:
Asante reduced the arrears with another well struck finish in the 82nd minute.
And Jay Leader turned the game completely on its head with his injury time heroics, first nodding in at the near post to level things, before the defender nicked in again to deflect Aryan Tajbakhsh's late free kick to break Wroxham hearts.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder
Wroxham: Cranfield, Marsden, Halliday, Groves, Taylor, Harty, Cary, Sanders (Pelka 59), Vide, Gordon, Svekis (Smith 45). Subs not used: Wilkinson, Eagleton, Doyle
Aveley: Giddens, Osifuwa, Holloway, Leader, Rose, Okwera, Tajbakhsh, Kamara (Korateng 60), Elbi (Stephenson 72), Asanti, Orenuga (Azzopardi 66). Subs not used: Cavalier, Oggoi-Uzakwe
Referee: Nigel Smith