Wroxham 2, Waltham Abbey 2
Wroxham produced another Trafford Park comeback to earn themselves a valuable home point.
The Yachtsmen were staring down the barrel at 2-0 down after less than half an hour, but second-half goals by Ross Durrant and Remy Gordon earned them a draw – just a week after they had come back from 3-0 down to beat Thamesmead 4-3.
Danny Self, Matt Blake and Gavin Lemmon - in an unfamiliar centre-back position - were drafted in to the side, with Ben Lewis, Martin McNeil and Christy Finch all rested.
Wroxham were on top, but somehow found themselves 2-0 down after 28 minutes, James Peagram and Clark Akers getting the goals for the visitors.
They continued to dominate possession after the break and finally got a foothold in the game on 57 minutes, thanks to Durrant's well-struck curling effort.
You may also want to watch:
Durrant then turned provider, on 76 minutes, finding space on the right to deliver a pin-point cross which was headed home by Gordon.
Wroxham were still indebted to Lemmon for some last-ditch defending as they held on.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock