Wroxham 2, Waltham Abbey 2
Wroxham produced another Trafford Park comeback to earn themselves a valuable home point.
The Yachtsmen were staring down the barrel at 2-0 down after less than half an hour, but second-half goals by Ross Durrant and Remy Gordon earned them a draw – just a week after they had come back from 3-0 down to beat Thamesmead 4-3.
Danny Self, Matt Blake and Gavin Lemmon - in an unfamiliar centre-back position - were drafted in to the side, with Ben Lewis, Martin McNeil and Christy Finch all rested.
Wroxham were on top, but somehow found themselves 2-0 down after 28 minutes, James Peagram and Clark Akers getting the goals for the visitors.
They continued to dominate possession after the break and finally got a foothold in the game on 57 minutes, thanks to Durrant's well-struck curling effort.
Durrant then turned provider, on 76 minutes, finding space on the right to deliver a pin-point cross which was headed home by Gordon.
Wroxham were still indebted to Lemmon for some last-ditch defending as they held on.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'