Wroxham 2, Tilbury 3: Former Norwich City striker Chris Sutton back in action with Yachtsmen
Former Norwich City striker Chris Sutton made his debut for Wroxham on Saturday but could not prevent the Yachtsmen slipping to defeat against high-flying Tilbury at Trafford Park.
Sutton, 39, started on the bench alongside his son, youth team goalkeeper Oliver. The former City, Blackburn, Chelsea and Celtic frontman came on after an hour, with Wroxham trailing to a first half goal from Aaron Waters.
By then, Sutton jnr had also entered the fray, following an injury to Wroxham keeper Michael Hilton early in the second half – an incident which led to a skirmish on the pitch involving nearly all 22 players.
Andy Eastaugh and Matt Blake went close for Wroxham, but against the run of play Tilbury added a second on 70 minutes. Waters' free-kick hit the post with Danny Francis lurking to fire the rebound home.
However, Wroxham were straight back in the game soon after, as Ben Thompson got his head onto Danny Self's throw-in to divert the ball into the net.
You may also want to watch:
Two minutes later Wroxham were level, as from a Remy Gordon free-kick, Thompson sent a second headed effort into the net.
Blake and Josh Carus both went close for Wroxham but the Dockers grabbed the winner with only minutes remaining, as Waters capped a fine display, scoring direct from his in-swinging corner.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 4 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash
• Wroxham: Hilton, Self, Gordon, Carus, McNeil, Halliday, Eastaugh, Lemmon (capt), Thompson, Blake, Durrant. Subs: Lewis, O Sutton, Speller, Harrop, C Sutton.