Wroxham 2 Hastings United 3 – Yachtsmen fail to build on fine start to FA Trophy clash
An excellent second-half display helped Hastings end Wroxham's FA Trophy interest at the first hurdle.
Sam Cole's spectacular header smashed against the crossbar early on but it was the hosts who took the lead just a few minutes later when David Hinton struck the ball sweetly from the edge of the box and found the bottom right-hand corner of the net.
Jamie Forshaw's run from deep saw a shot well saved by goalkeeper Josh Pellins. Cole should have levelled at the other end but he blazed over from six yards. The visitors struck the bar through Billy Medlock and then saw Cole have a shot cleared off the line by Stephen Taylor. Yet it wasn't one-way traffic with Danny Beaumont shooting narrowly wide of the post.
Hastings came out for the second half looking to force their way back into the game. Rapid winger Chris Cumming-Bart's cross went straight across the face of goal and Medlock saw a header saved before the pressure paid off when Cummins-Bart smashed past Elliot Pride.
The away side's second goal came in the 71st minute when Cumming-Bart's cross was tapped in by Medlock. Eight minutes later referee Nick Cooper pointed to the spot after a shot was deemed to have been handled by Ollie Ebbage. Cole made no mistake to make it 3-1.
You may also want to watch:
Forshaw's 84th-minute penalty gave Wroxham hope yet it failed to inspire a comeback.
Wroxham: Pride, Norman, Rust, Hinton, Ebbage, Taylor, Forshaw, Guyton (Rampling, 86), Attree, Beaumont, Waters (Spoone, 86). Subs not used: Wilkinson, Barnes.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
Goals: Hinton (5), Forshaw (pen, 84)
Hastings: Pelling, Crabb, Hall, Rowe, Vickers, Cruttwell, Medlock, Adams (Hollobone, 83), Cumming-Bart, Harris (Richardson-Brown, 90), Cole. Subs not used: Temba, Ray, Richardson-Brown, Rose.
Goals: Cumming-Bart (55), Medlock (71), Cole (pen, 79)
Ref: N Cooper