Wroxham 2 AFC Hornchurch 3 – Leon McKenzie at the double
- Credit: Archant
Leon McKenzie showed his class as his two goals proved the difference at Trafford Park.
Ross Wall opened the scoring for Hornchurch, his shot beating Ben Robinson to his left and finding the corner. The lead lasted 14 minutes before Craig Bussens equalised. He ran onto a great through ball down the channel on the Wroxham right to beat the keeper inside the opposite up right.
Either side of half-time McKenzie shone. On 42 minutes Halliday missed a defensive header and McKenzie made him pay by firing home into the bottom left corner.
In the second half, McKenzie capitalised on a mistake by young Robinson. The keeper committed to come out to clear a long ball, missed it, and McKenzie ran in to finish.
Wroxham showed great character and kept going.
You may also want to watch:
Junior Luke was sent off for Hornchurch in the 71st minute and the Yachtsmen pushed the 10 men all the way. Armani Scharr beat the keeper to set up a grandstand finish but Wroxham couldn't find an equaliser.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 6 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars