Wroxham 2 AFC Hornchurch 3 – Leon McKenzie at the double
- Credit: Archant
Leon McKenzie showed his class as his two goals proved the difference at Trafford Park.
Ross Wall opened the scoring for Hornchurch, his shot beating Ben Robinson to his left and finding the corner. The lead lasted 14 minutes before Craig Bussens equalised. He ran onto a great through ball down the channel on the Wroxham right to beat the keeper inside the opposite up right.
Either side of half-time McKenzie shone. On 42 minutes Halliday missed a defensive header and McKenzie made him pay by firing home into the bottom left corner.
In the second half, McKenzie capitalised on a mistake by young Robinson. The keeper committed to come out to clear a long ball, missed it, and McKenzie ran in to finish.
Wroxham showed great character and kept going.
You may also want to watch:
Junior Luke was sent off for Hornchurch in the 71st minute and the Yachtsmen pushed the 10 men all the way. Armani Scharr beat the keeper to set up a grandstand finish but Wroxham couldn't find an equaliser.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 10 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant