Wroxham 1, Needham Market 1
Wroxham picked up their first point of 2013 with a draw at home to Needham Market on Saturday.
Manager David Batch again made changes to his starting line-up in a bid to find a winning formula following the New Year's Day defeat to AFC Sudbury.
He persevered with a 4-5-1 formation, but Matt Blake came in for Ben Thompson and skipper Gavin Lemmon was back after suspension, with Ben Lewis returning at right-back.
After a quiet opening to the game, Wroxham went close to opening the scoring on 23 minutes. Blake worked his way into the box on the left before delivering a low cross which found Ross Durrant at the far post and his pile-driver produced a fine save from Louis Johnson in the Needham goal.
The Yachtsmen went close again when a free-kick taken by Remy Gordon almost went in as Needham's Phil Boyland got his head on the ball but it went just wide for a Wroxham corner.
Another Gordon free-kick beat the Needham wall but Johnson saved easily.
Almost straight away the visitors broke to the other end and Rhys Henry, on loan from Leiston, got in a cross which hit Wroxham centre-back Josh Carus on the arm and referee John Steel awarded a penalty. Former Wroxham player Danny Bloomfield stepped up to take the spot-kick and sent Michael Hilton the wrong way to give the Marketmen the lead on 26 minutes.
- 1 Major incident in city after reports of stabbing
- 2 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
- 3 Woman stabbed in neck and arm in city park
- 4 Six fire crews battle large field blaze in south Norfolk
- 5 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 6 Range Rover hit by train after straying onto level crossing
- 7 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 8 Here's when parents can get complimentary tickets to BeWILDerwood
- 9 Woman in 50s arrested after house sealed off in quiet street
- 10 Thieves run off with alcohol worth nearly £5,000 from Tesco
Wroxham were not behind for long, as three minutes later Blake played a fine cross field pass to Durrant, who ran on to fire a low shot past Johnson into the bottom corner.
After further pressure from the visitors the home side came close to scoring a second on 42 minutes when Carus' header from a corner was fumbled by the 'keeper but he recovered to make a brave save as Carus tried to force the rebound home.
In the second half, Blake headed just wide from a corner and Ben Jones was denied in a one-on-one with the keeper.
The game was stopped for a few minutes after Durrant was clattered by Needham's left back Matt Redgrave.
On 75 minutes a shot from Blake took a deflection and looped on to the top of the net for a corner which again brought no reward.
The visitors' best chance fell to substitute Duane Wright but his shot sailed over.
Gavin Lemmon had a chance to win the game for Wroxham on 86 minutes, but his half volley from just outside the area was well saved by Johnson.
• Wroxham: Hilton, Lewis, Gordon, Halliday, Carus, A Eastaugh, Durrant, Lemmon, Blake (Thompson 90+4), Jones, Daniels (Forshaw 56). Subs not used: McNeil, Harty, Speller.