Wroxham 1 Great Wakering 3: The wait goes on for Yachtsmen
Wroxham's wait for a win continues after another defeat, writes Darren Wiseman.
Despite a good performance and being in control for much of the match, the Yachtsmen were unable to create many clear-cut chances which, coupled with some goalkeeping errors, cost them dearly.
A tight first half saw few chances. Wroxham dominated possession and territory, without reward.
The game came to life five minutes before half-time – Great Wakering worked the ball down their left and the ball was swung in low by Billy Johnson for Jacob Cleaver to beat his man at the near post and score past Elliot Pride.
A rare sight this season at Trafford Park followed as Wroxham managed to conjure up an equaliser four minutes later. A cross from the Wroxham left saw Adam Plumstead leap highest to guide a looping header into the top-left corner.
You may also want to watch:
With rain falling and plenty to play for, the second half turned into a battle – and it was Great Wakering who won. On 62 minutes Pride, under pressure, spilled a cross into his own net before the visitors sealed it through Johnson.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143