Wroxham 1 Great Wakering 3: The wait goes on for Yachtsmen
Wroxham's wait for a win continues after another defeat, writes Darren Wiseman.
Despite a good performance and being in control for much of the match, the Yachtsmen were unable to create many clear-cut chances which, coupled with some goalkeeping errors, cost them dearly.
A tight first half saw few chances. Wroxham dominated possession and territory, without reward.
The game came to life five minutes before half-time – Great Wakering worked the ball down their left and the ball was swung in low by Billy Johnson for Jacob Cleaver to beat his man at the near post and score past Elliot Pride.
A rare sight this season at Trafford Park followed as Wroxham managed to conjure up an equaliser four minutes later. A cross from the Wroxham left saw Adam Plumstead leap highest to guide a looping header into the top-left corner.
You may also want to watch:
With rain falling and plenty to play for, the second half turned into a battle – and it was Great Wakering who won. On 62 minutes Pride, under pressure, spilled a cross into his own net before the visitors sealed it through Johnson.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree