Wroxham 0 Witham 0
- Credit: Archant
A spectacular goalkeeping display prevented Wroxham from claiming all three points.
Visiting stopper Lewis Down was the man who denied the Yachtsmen – in particular Josh Carus, Jamie Forshaw and Michael Sommerfield.
Carus was the first to suffer – with 20 minutes gone, the defender met David Hinton's free-kick from the right with a firm header, only for Down to produce a fingertip save to keep out his powerful effort.
Wroxham began to dominate midway through the half and Jackson Ramm beat the Witham full-back before whipping the ball in, but Down managed to come out and collect.
Ramm was involved again when his cross found Sommerfield, whose header was straight at the keeper. The ball then fell for Forshaw just inside the box, but his toe poke shot was brilliantly saved.
You may also want to watch:
Straight from kick-off for the second half, Sommerfield went around two Witham players before getting his shot off from the edge of the box, but his effort was palmed away by Down once again.
Five minutes later, it was Elliott Pride's turn at the other end, as he saved with his feet from Nathan Koranteng.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
Jack Garrod saw a shot from a tight angle saved again, before Forshaw latched on to a through ball, rounded the keeper and with an open goal, fired in an effort only for Down to somehow get back and block.
In the final minute, Witham's Lance Akins was sent off, but the visitors held on.
Wroxham: Pride, Ramm, Bailey, S Taylor, A Taylor, Carus, Potter, Sturman (Garrod 47), Sommerfield, Forshaw (King 83), Hinton. Subs not used: Attree, Lemmon
Witham Town: Down, Kemp, Hayes, Akins, Harrison, Payne (Francis 84), Koranteng, Bradford, Kemp (Imbert 80), Watson, Osei (Moore 76). Subs not used: Cocklin, Robinson.