Wroxham 0 Witham 0
- Credit: Archant
A spectacular goalkeeping display prevented Wroxham from claiming all three points.
Visiting stopper Lewis Down was the man who denied the Yachtsmen – in particular Josh Carus, Jamie Forshaw and Michael Sommerfield.
Carus was the first to suffer – with 20 minutes gone, the defender met David Hinton's free-kick from the right with a firm header, only for Down to produce a fingertip save to keep out his powerful effort.
Wroxham began to dominate midway through the half and Jackson Ramm beat the Witham full-back before whipping the ball in, but Down managed to come out and collect.
Ramm was involved again when his cross found Sommerfield, whose header was straight at the keeper. The ball then fell for Forshaw just inside the box, but his toe poke shot was brilliantly saved.
Straight from kick-off for the second half, Sommerfield went around two Witham players before getting his shot off from the edge of the box, but his effort was palmed away by Down once again.
Five minutes later, it was Elliott Pride's turn at the other end, as he saved with his feet from Nathan Koranteng.
- 1 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 4 Teenage girls in hospital after unprovoked mob attack
- 5 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 6 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 7 Critics hope to deal significant blow to controversial NDR Western Link
- 8 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 9 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
Jack Garrod saw a shot from a tight angle saved again, before Forshaw latched on to a through ball, rounded the keeper and with an open goal, fired in an effort only for Down to somehow get back and block.
In the final minute, Witham's Lance Akins was sent off, but the visitors held on.
Wroxham: Pride, Ramm, Bailey, S Taylor, A Taylor, Carus, Potter, Sturman (Garrod 47), Sommerfield, Forshaw (King 83), Hinton. Subs not used: Attree, Lemmon
Witham Town: Down, Kemp, Hayes, Akins, Harrison, Payne (Francis 84), Koranteng, Bradford, Kemp (Imbert 80), Watson, Osei (Moore 76). Subs not used: Cocklin, Robinson.