Wroxham 0, Grays Athletic 1
Wroxham came within moments of taking a point from high-flying Grays Athletics at Trafford Park.
The Yachtsmen, who were looking to gain revenge for a 4-0 thrashing in Essex earlier this month, lost 1-0 to a last minute goal from substitute Moses, who had only come on three minutes before as Grays made a late gamble in a bid to extend their winning run to nine matches.
Wroxham had made a bright start on a freezing night with Andy Eastaugh heading just over in the first ten minutes. They also had a great chance five minutes before the interval when Ben Lewis raced clear but was unable to finish.
Jessup had to save well at the feet of Jack West in the first half but Wroxham continued to have their moments in the second and should have taken the lead when Ben Thompson poked just wide from close range.
Grays looked increasinhly dangerous and only a great interception from Lewis denied them in a three-on-one break. Jessup thought he had earned Wroxham a point with a brilliant stop in the 89th minute. But it was a short reprieve as Moses popped up to grab the winner.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Lowestoft Town's Premier Division title hopes received a boost as both of the teams above them dropped points. Leaders Whitehawk were held to a goalless draw by Hampton while second-placed Concord Rangers drew with East Thurrock. Whitehawk are now 13 points ahead of the Trawlerboys, but have played six more games. Concord are four points in front of Lowestoft from three more matches.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts