Wroxham 0 Cray Wanderers 4 – Survival battle to be settled on final day
Wroxham's battle to avoid relegation from Ryman League North will go to the final day of the season after a comprehensive home defeat last night.
The Yachtsmen never recovered from conceding two early goals against play-off chasing Cray at Trafford Park and ended up a well beaten side.
As a result they remain just one point above third from bottom Waltham Abbey with just one round of matches left to play.
The Yachtsmen will probably have to win at mid-table Romford on Saturday to finish outside the bottom three, with Abbey's final game at home to already relegated bottom side Redbridge.
The London side also have a superior goal difference.
You may also want to watch:
Cray went ahead after just four minutes last night through Michael Frieter and doubled their advantage on 17 minutes when Jamie Mascol netted.
Any chance of Wroxham getting anything out of the game disappeared just before the hour mark when Ray Powell made it 3-0 and Leigh Bremner completed the rout on 78 minutes.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon