Wroxham 0 Cray Wanderers 4 – Survival battle to be settled on final day
Wroxham's battle to avoid relegation from Ryman League North will go to the final day of the season after a comprehensive home defeat last night.
The Yachtsmen never recovered from conceding two early goals against play-off chasing Cray at Trafford Park and ended up a well beaten side.
As a result they remain just one point above third from bottom Waltham Abbey with just one round of matches left to play.
The Yachtsmen will probably have to win at mid-table Romford on Saturday to finish outside the bottom three, with Abbey's final game at home to already relegated bottom side Redbridge.
The London side also have a superior goal difference.
You may also want to watch:
Cray went ahead after just four minutes last night through Michael Frieter and doubled their advantage on 17 minutes when Jamie Mascol netted.
Any chance of Wroxham getting anything out of the game disappeared just before the hour mark when Ray Powell made it 3-0 and Leigh Bremner completed the rout on 78 minutes.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park