World’s best are heading to King’s Lynn for speedway’s illustrious International Pre-Season Cup
- Credit: Archant
Two of the world's top three riders will grace King's Lynn next month when the Norfolk Arena hosts the first International Pre-Season Cup.
A King's Lynn 'select team' will welcome iconic Polish outfit Zielona Gora in a mouth-watering friendly fixture on Wednesday, March 19. Speedway Grand Prix 2013 runner-up Jarek Hampel will feature for the European giants while the Stars' own Niels-Kristian Iversen, who finished third in last year's GP series, will also grace his own shale.
Lynn chief Buster Chapman said: 'I can't wait for this fixture. It is great to be able to have such a huge meeting at the Norfolk Arena. We have been working with Team Player Management Company for weeks now and they have been fantastic to deal with. The meeting deserves a huge crowd and I hope our supporters turn out in force.'
Saddlebow Road is no stranger to hosting huge meetings. It will stage its fifth consecutive Speedway World Cup 'semi-final' later this summer.
But rare appearances in the UK from Hampel, fellow GP star Andreas Jonsson and World Under-21 champion Patryk Dudek will still be enough to whet the appetite of the sport's supporters ahead of its Elite League return in April.
You may also want to watch:
Teenager Robert Lambert, 15, will still be unable to appear however. His replacement – a 'final special member' – will be announced later this week.
Advanced tickets can be bought from www.speedway-uk.com from Saturday.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 8 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash