Wootton Park A win NCBA County League play-offs
After a two year gap, Wootton Park A took the honours in the NCBA County League play-offs held at Holt BC.
In the final, against Dilham, Wootton Park proved to strong as they ran out winners on all three rinks, scoring 70 shots to Dilham's 43.
Following the game NCBA Vice President John Hudson presented the Wootton Park captain Vernon Hudson with the Heddie Blyth Trophy. The runners-up were presented with the Nickerson Shield.
Rink scores: D Hudson, M Rowbotham, J Flowers 23 I London, D Owers, Mrs S Hardingham 18; Mrs J Hudson, P Graveling, V Hudson 17 D Gibbs, P Gothier, V Wilson 14; A McNamara, T Carder, N Blyth 30 D Loades, I Bishop, T Hardingham 11.
In the semi-finals, held earlier in the day, Wootton Park beat Foulsham by 62 shots to 47 and Dilham beat Burlingham A 54 shots to 44. Games were umpired by Barry Swan.
You may also want to watch:
• The final of the NCBA Subsidiary Cup was also played at Holt BC, between North Walsham New Road and Bacton.
Bacton started with a bang and held a 12 shot lead after five ends. The lead was increased to 23 shots after 10 ends. At this point the game took on a major change as at 15 ends the gap was down to 5 shots and by 18 ends North Walsham had moved into a 5 shot lead. Finishing strongly North Walsham ran out winners by 82 shots to 68.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
The Subsidiary Cup was presented to North Walsham by County President David Filby. The game was Umpired by Bob Booth.
Rink scores: J Walland, B Swan, D Thompson 27 P Mitchell, G Debryter, D Sadler 15; P Gray, S Covell, C Bensley 14 Mrs L Preston, D Turner, R Bean 17; L Clapham, N Oakley, E Clapham 16 G Watts, D Pycroft, N Taylor 23; Mrs J Lawrence, R Lewin, R Warne 25 G Jerry, J Saunders, A Willetts 13