Wootton Park A win NCBA County League play-offs
After a two year gap, Wootton Park A took the honours in the NCBA County League play-offs held at Holt BC.
In the final, against Dilham, Wootton Park proved to strong as they ran out winners on all three rinks, scoring 70 shots to Dilham's 43.
Following the game NCBA Vice President John Hudson presented the Wootton Park captain Vernon Hudson with the Heddie Blyth Trophy. The runners-up were presented with the Nickerson Shield.
Rink scores: D Hudson, M Rowbotham, J Flowers 23 I London, D Owers, Mrs S Hardingham 18; Mrs J Hudson, P Graveling, V Hudson 17 D Gibbs, P Gothier, V Wilson 14; A McNamara, T Carder, N Blyth 30 D Loades, I Bishop, T Hardingham 11.
In the semi-finals, held earlier in the day, Wootton Park beat Foulsham by 62 shots to 47 and Dilham beat Burlingham A 54 shots to 44. Games were umpired by Barry Swan.
• The final of the NCBA Subsidiary Cup was also played at Holt BC, between North Walsham New Road and Bacton.
Bacton started with a bang and held a 12 shot lead after five ends. The lead was increased to 23 shots after 10 ends. At this point the game took on a major change as at 15 ends the gap was down to 5 shots and by 18 ends North Walsham had moved into a 5 shot lead. Finishing strongly North Walsham ran out winners by 82 shots to 68.
- 1 Major incident in city after reports of stabbing
- 2 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
- 3 Woman stabbed in neck and arm in city park
- 4 Six fire crews battle large field blaze in south Norfolk
- 5 Range Rover hit by train after straying onto level crossing
- 6 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 7 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 8 Here's when parents can get complimentary tickets to BeWILDerwood
- 9 Woman in 50s arrested after house sealed off in quiet street
- 10 46-cabin holiday park proposed for Norfolk countryside
The Subsidiary Cup was presented to North Walsham by County President David Filby. The game was Umpired by Bob Booth.
Rink scores: J Walland, B Swan, D Thompson 27 P Mitchell, G Debryter, D Sadler 15; P Gray, S Covell, C Bensley 14 Mrs L Preston, D Turner, R Bean 17; L Clapham, N Oakley, E Clapham 16 G Watts, D Pycroft, N Taylor 23; Mrs J Lawrence, R Lewin, R Warne 25 G Jerry, J Saunders, A Willetts 13