Woodside Rockets flying at top of table
- Credit: PA
Woodside Rockets maintained their lead at the top of the Fox Insurance Open Snooker League Division One after beating Spireites A 8-1.
Grant Miles had the first century break this season with 119 in his 2-1 victory with Chris Zanone and Reggie Edwards (with a 70 break) both winning 3-0.
Woodside Warriors remain in second place, four points behind the leaders after defeating Spireites C 8-1. Broadland A triumphed over Attleborough 5-4 in an evenly-fought contest.
Second Division leaders Spireites B beat Broadland B 8-1 to go 17 points clear at the top of the league.
Adeeb Moosa won the final three frames for second-placed St Philips B in their victory against Broadland C.
You may also want to watch:
Woodside Gothic, who are third in the standings, defeated Broadland Bandits 6-3 and Spireites D beat Hethersett 8-1, with Dennis Simmons and Paul Parke both winning 3-0.
In a rearranged match, Broadland C triumphed over Hethersett 7-2.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 8 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 9 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
Leaders Woodside C got back to winning ways in the Nigel Farrow Cars Handicap Snooker Division One, beating St Faiths 8-4, with Ryan Smith (Woodside C) and Gareth Bartholomew (St Faiths) both winning 3-0. St Philips A moved up to second place above St Faiths after drawing with Spireites 6-6. Three frames from Ben Baker enabled Broadland C to triumph over Rileys 7-5 while Woodside Peelers drew with NCC 6-6.
Second Division leaders Broadland B came unstuck against Ludham A, losing 7-5, Andrew Deboo (Ludham A) and Peter Woodrow (Broadland B) both enjoying 3-0 victories. Bayer moved up to second place, beating Woodside A 7-5 with Mark Freestone (Bayer) winning 3-0 and Sam Betts (Woodside A) having breaks of 77, 90 and 61 in his 3-0 win. Ludham B have moved off the bottom of the league after victories over St Philips C 7-5, Canary Social 9-3 and Wroxham 8-4. Wroxham defeated Woodside Whirlwinds 7-5 with Colin Hedger winning 3-0.
Hethersett A have regained top spot in the Billiards League after defeating Pinebanks Exiles 3-1. Philips Welham recorded breaks of 106 and 67. St Philips drop to second place after drawing with Gothic 2-2.