Woodside C in the box seat to take Division One title after latest victory
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2008
Woodside C go into the final week of the Nigel Farrow Cars Handicap Snooker League Division One 11 points clear of second place after a 7-5 win over Spireites.
St Philips A are level on points with Spireites after beating second-placed St Faiths 7-5 to remain in third spot, one point behind St Faiths.
Three frames from Ray Davis helped Rileys triumph over NCC 7-5 and Hethersett overcame Broadland C to win 7-5. Woodside Peelers defeated Woodside B 8-4.
Bayer remain top of Division Two after drawing with third-placed Broadland B 6-6 with Lyndon Surridge (Bayer) and Les Weinert (Broadland) both winning 3-0. Ludham A beat Woodside A 7-5 with Andy Deboo winning 3-0 and Woodside A drew with Wroxham 6-6. Ludham B triumphed against Woodside Whirlwinds 7-5 but remain bottom of the league as Wroxham defeated Canary Social 7-5 with Tony Bispham winning his match 3-0.
In the Fox Insurance Open Snooker League Division One only one match was completed where third-placed Spireites A lost to fourth-placed Spireites C 6-3. Andy Rose (Spireites A) won the first game 3-0 and Gary Griffin and Paul Gifford replied with three frames each for the C team. Woodside Rockets remain top with Woodside Warriors in second place.
You may also want to watch:
Leaders of the Second Division, Spireites B, got back to winning form after beating Spireites D 6-3 with Orin Drake taking three frames. Broadland Bandits came from 4-2 down to defeat Broadland C 5-4 after Keith Saunders won the final game 3-0. Ben Baker had earlier given Broadland C the lead after winning the second game 3-0. Broadland B, with Les Weinert winning the final game 3-0, defeated Hethersett 6-3.
In the Billiard League Hethersett A remain in second place despite losing to Broadland 3-1 and Hethersett B beat Gothic 3-1. Matthew Lyon and Roger Reynolds had breaks of 83 and 61 respectively for Broadland.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 5 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 8 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 9 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk