Witham Town 1, Wroxham 0
Wroxham's outstanding run of February form came to an end in Essex last night.
In four games since the start of the month the Yachtsmen had won three and drawn one without even conceding a goal.
The sequence had not only taken David Batch's men into the Norfolk Senior Cup final but had also eased any fears that they could be dragged into a Ryman's League Division One North relegation battle.
But it was halted by sixth-placed Witham, who won despite having a second half penalty saved by Jake Jessup.
The goalkeeper on loan from Lowestoft Town denied Rob Witnall his 21st goal of the season from 12 yards.
You may also want to watch:
But the Witham leading scorer had the last laugh as he struck the only goal of the game eight minutes from time to keep his club's play-off hopes alive.
Wroxham, who went into the fixtures without James Speller, Matty Daniels and Remi Gordon, must now try to pick themselves up and start another unbeaten run when they face Potters Bar at Trafford Park on Saturday.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit