Witham Town 1 Dereham Town 1 – Frary opens the scoring but Magpies have to settle for a point
- Credit: Archant
Dereham earned a point after a close game at the Village Glass Stadium last night.
The Magpies, who gave a debut to striker Jack Frohawk, on loan from King's Lynn, started brightly with Lewis Butcher firing into the side netting from distance in the 10th minute.
The home side hit back when Nathan Korangteng released Scott Kemp down the left. After outpacing Matt Howard he cut inside and hit a firm drive that keeper Will Viner saved inside his top corner.
The Essex side nearly caught the Magpies on the break in the 22nd minute with the ball reaching Kemp who curled over the top.
As the open game continued to flow, Dereham responded with Tuttle combining well with Jack Frohawk whose cross from the right led to a corner from which Tuttle fired inches wide.
You may also want to watch:
The lively Kemp drilled another 20 yarder into Viner's arms before Dereham broke the deadlock in the 40th minute. After winning a corner on the left, Tuttle's centre reached Dion Frary near the penalty spot and he netted with a firm downward header to put his side in front.
The visitors could have increased their lead with Logan failing to score when well placed at the far post after Butcher had struck the bar.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 4 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 7 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 10 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
After two players received treatment following a clash of heads, Cocklin fired a free-kick over Viner's bar in the 54th minute.
Frazer Blake-Tracy linked well with Logan on the left allowing the latter to test Down with a low drive that the home keeper saved.
Dereham kept up the pressure and Frohawk worked space for himself outside the box and his right footer narrowly missed the target with 65 minutes on the clock.
Witham remained a threat and equalised when Danny Emmanuel's powerful low 22 yarder flew into the corner of Viner's net in the 69th minute. Both sides searched for the winner and Dereham keeper Viner made a fine save to keep out Korangteng's fierce drive as the match finished all square.