Witchingham maintain pressure
Great Witchingham A kept up the pressure on Division One leaders Hales with a crushing 101-defeat of Halvergate.C Maker scored 73 in Witchingham's 200 for nine and Kennedy took five for 27 to help bowl Halvergate out for 99.
Great Witchingham A kept up the pressure on Division One leaders Hales with a crushing 101-defeat of Halvergate.
C Maker scored 73 in Witchingham's 200 for nine and Kennedy took five for 27 to help bowl Halvergate out for 99.
Hales also enjoyed a resounding win, beating Drayton by 186 runs. Cornish made 61 in Hales' 256 for nine, before Lovick's six for 17 saw Drayton skittled out for 70.
But Great Melton's hopes of promotion to the Alliance suffered a setback with their second successive defeat, at Bungay, Jonny Cooper's 59 and three wickets proving in vain for the visitors.
There was better news for Melton's second team, as they beat Overstrand by five wickets in Division Four. Grenville Ireland took three wickets for Melton and Chris Elliott top scored with 43 not out.
Ketteringham Hall's A Bush took six wickets and M Smith hit an unbeaten 69 to guide their side to a nine-wicket win over struggling Hardingham in Division Two.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 3 Flood alerts pass off peacefully along the north Norfolk coast
- 4 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 5 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 6 'Not our problem' - Tyre mountain boss exports 350 tonnes of rubber 'I know not where'
- 7 Cromer Carnival events cancelled due to extreme heat.
- 8 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 9 Woman 'shocked' to find CCTV in Marina Centre changing room
- 10 Highway obstruction closes part of A1151 near Wroxham
There was also a six-wicket haul for Watton bowler R Dix as his side overcame Rocklands A by 63 runs to stay top of Division Eight.
Joe Perry (64no) and Ian Pape (70no) saw Old Buckenham B to a 10-wicket win at Sprowston C.