Wisbech Town land sizzling striker before getting a grilling at Yaxley
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town have pulled off a stunning transfer coup by convincing Chris Bacon to return to the Fenland Stadium.
The striker has re-signed for the Fenmen – who were last night hammered 5-0 at Yaxley in the United Counties League Premier Division – after spending the last three seasons splitting his time between playing football in England and New Zealand.
Former King's Lynn hitman Bacon notched an impressive 70 goals in 98 appearances during his first stint with Wisbech. He joined Step Three Cambridge City in the summer of 2012 after two successful seasons with the Step Five Fenmen.
Wisbech boss Brett Whaley, whose first defeat in charge of the Reds came last night at the club he left to join them, said: 'I'm delighted to welcome Chris Bacon back to the football club.
'It's obvious how well he is respected at the club for what he did in his previous spell here, and hopefully he can carry on from where he left off.
You may also want to watch:
'The speed of this signing is down to how much Chris wanted to come back, and we can't wait to get him involved and scoring goals again. It's a massive signing for the club.'
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 3 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 4 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 5 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 6 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 9 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 10 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould