Wisbech Town need one more win to clinch league title
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town are just one win away from their first league title for 26 years.
The Fenmen won 1-0 at Daventry Town last night, with Adam Millson scoring a 50th minute winner, and now need to beat the same opposition again at home on Saturday to become champions of the United Counties League Premier Division.
Meanwhile the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division title was decided when Coggeshall Town won 4-2 at nearest challengers Felixstowe and Walton United in a match watched by a crowd of over 1,500.
The Essex side, whose defeat at Newmarket on Saturday had thrown the title race wide open, are now four points clear of the Seasiders with each side having just one game left to play.
Gorleston came from behind to win 3-1 at Haverhill Borough with the goals coming from Ismael Fatadjo, Joel Watts and Keegan Middleton (penalty).
You may also want to watch:
Great Yarmouth Town twice came from behind to draw 2-2 at Saffron Walden Town thanks to efforts from Aaron Sanders and Haydn Davis.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools