Wisbech Town need one more win to clinch league title
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town are just one win away from their first league title for 26 years.
The Fenmen won 1-0 at Daventry Town last night, with Adam Millson scoring a 50th minute winner, and now need to beat the same opposition again at home on Saturday to become champions of the United Counties League Premier Division.
Meanwhile the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division title was decided when Coggeshall Town won 4-2 at nearest challengers Felixstowe and Walton United in a match watched by a crowd of over 1,500.
The Essex side, whose defeat at Newmarket on Saturday had thrown the title race wide open, are now four points clear of the Seasiders with each side having just one game left to play.
Gorleston came from behind to win 3-1 at Haverhill Borough with the goals coming from Ismael Fatadjo, Joel Watts and Keegan Middleton (penalty).
You may also want to watch:
Great Yarmouth Town twice came from behind to draw 2-2 at Saffron Walden Town thanks to efforts from Aaron Sanders and Haydn Davis.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch