Come and roar us on, says Wisbech boss Gary Setchell
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town manager Gary Setchell has called on the local public to cheer his side on in their final outing of 2017.
The second-placed Fenmen entertain Cogenhoe and with Setchell's side the leading scorers in the division with 69 goals from their 24 games to date, the manager hopes that will help draw in the crowds.
'I don't know what else the boys have got to do to get people through the gate,' said Setchell, whose team were 4-0 winners over rivals Holbeach on Boxing Day.
'They are playing really well and scoring goals for fun. We have scored 17 in four games during December alone and the boys deserve the support.
'An extra few people on the gate makes a real difference for the club. It gives everyone a lift and helps create a good atmosphere and make this is a difficult place to come.
'It would be great to see a decent crowd in for the Cogenhoe game. They beat the leaders Newport Pagnell on Boxing Day so we'll need to be at our best.'
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 8 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 9 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 10 NCFC LIVE: Missed chance for City against 10-man Newcastle