Wisbech title hopes take a knock after home defeat to rivals
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town's hopes of lifting the title were dealt a severe blow by close rivals Newport Pagnell Town.
The omens were not good – influential midfielder Adam Millson was missing his first game since early September, the last time the Fenmen lost in the league at home.
The visitors took control of the game with goals after 13 and 15 minutes, Fazel Koriya and Michael Lyon benefiting from some rather generous defending.
Manager Gary Setchell made a double change at half-time, Dan Bendon and Josh Davison replacing Luke Wilson and Richard Bunting, but within two minutes of the restart Pagnell had a third goal, through Tom Liversedge.
Liversedge's afternoon was brought to an abrupt end a few minutes later as he was sent off for a stamp on Jamie Stevens.
You may also want to watch:
Playing against 10 men did allow Wisbech to create better chances but it wasn't until the third minute of added time that the visitors' goal was breached, Michael Frew scoring his 27th of the season, but by that time it was too little, too late.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 6 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 7 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?