Tough run-in can be to Wisbech’s advantage
- Credit: Archant
Coach Kev Ward believes Wisbech Town's difficult run-in can work in their favour.
The Fenmen have the toughest set of upcoming fixtures out of the five teams chasing the United Counties League Premier Division title and two promotion spots.
They sit six points behind leaders Yaxley with three games in hand ahead of a home clash against Leicester Nirvana today (3pm).
Ward said: 'We've got the hardest run-in on paper, but we've performed well and picked up good results against the better teams.
'Sometimes we've come unstuck against some of the lesser sides who are closer to the bottom of the table.
You may also want to watch:
'We've also got a lot of home games ahead and our record at our place is very good.
'I think we've got enough in the locker, and enough quality throughout the squad, to be promoted,' he added.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 8 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
Wisbech saw their trip to Daventry Town was postponed last Saturday due to a waterlogged pitch.