Wisbech make it 12 unbeaten
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town moved into the top five with a 2-0 win over Desborough Town.
On the back of a six-match unbeaten run themselves, the visitors featured former King's Lynn Town striker Jason Turner in their starting line-up, but up against the Fenmen's resolute defence, he and Will Arnold found little success.
Alex Beck gave Wisbech the lead in the 34th minute, lashing home a powerful shot which Desborough keeper Chris Jones was powerless to stop.
Desborough saw more of the ball in the second period but Paul Bastock in the home goal was only called into action sporadically.
Billy Smith saw a shot tipped away by Jones, before clipping the crossbar with another rasping effort. But there was nothing the keeper could do in the 77th minute when Smith's effort clipped the underside of the bar on its way into the net.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech's win made it four clean sheets in a row, taking their unbeaten run to 12 games.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash